Sunday, September 19, 2010

Senior Mixed 500m Final Post Race Discussion - Prague (Sat 29 Aug 2009)

World Dragon Boat Championships - Australian Senior Mixed 500m Final Post Race Discussion - Prague/Racice - Sat 29 Aug 2009

George: Guys. Some times in this World.

Lynn: We won a Gold.

George: It's been a long wait.

You Really have to pinch yourself to make sure it is real.


Lynn: I wanted to make sure you followed [..??]

Leon: The rate was too fast.

Geoff: The rating was perfect. [Geoff: not quite getting what was happening at this stage.]

Leon: The start wasn't as good as we should have. It was OK.

Lynn: When the leg drive came in, you responded most of the time.

Leon: But we still won.

George: Look, I think the important things here. I am absolutely amazed to how you adapted to my changes.

That "Rabbit out the Hat" was the winning trick. Right. We took it to the other boats.

And, as I said in the call getting upto the starting line, I am going to do as many leg drives as required, to get us home. You must have responded to at least 8 leg drives.

By the 250m mark, I looked across, .. I couldn't see anybody .. and to my shock, we were in front.

I just kept calling the leg drives and with about 150m to go, when we took it home, I knew we had it.


Lynn: And I thought we were fighting for a place.

George: It's just an amazing feeling.

[..]

George: Look, just once again guys, I am so grateful you went on this Journey with me.

Leon: And so are we.

Lynn: We would not have been anywhere else for quids.

George: Like I said, to win one medal here is a bonus. To win a Gold is ...

Rob: Guys, just one thing. I think after Sydney 2007, someone said, "Just look around with the people you paddle with because this time may never come again".

I appreciate it. This is special. Thank you. Thank you all.

And guys, to everyone who paddled out there, the Reserves, the Squad, and the rest of the Masters, and the entire Australian Team. Thank to everyone. We supported each other.


Just thought I would pull this out and put it here. Great moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment