Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Warrior of Light is a Believer - Tampa 2011 Reflections (30 Aug 2012)

The following quote (I have posted it here about a year ago) is the last thing I said to the Team as I handed out the gifts to the Aurora's Grand Master's Leadership and Management Team.

I had thought of this story as I reflected on my campaign for Tampa 2011 over the last few days of the event. The campaign did give me a goal and focus at a time (might be best called a distraction) when I was struggling most with Jenny's loss. In many ways it helped give me some purpose to my life and I would like to think that the experience was worth it just for that.

I was proud to deliver my Crew Leader Speech (*) to the Aurora's Squad and to be able to nominate Joanne as a possible Flag Bearer. I will publish the nomination here when I get home in a few weeks time.

For the rest of 2011, I plan to just paddle and enjoy myself just doing that. Having thrown everything at the campaign, I need to start picking up the pieces of that has been neglected through distraction and keep moving forward.

It was a difficult campaign for me in many ways and with all that happened I would still like to think that I am still a believer. After all three steps forward and two steps back is still a step in the right direction.
The warrior of light is a believer.

Because he believes in miracles, miracles begin to happen. 

Because he is sure that his thoughts can change his life, his life begins to change. 

Because he is certain that he will find love, that love appears.

Now and then, he is disappointed. Sometimes, he gets hurt.

Then he hears people say:
'He's so ingenuous!'
But the warrior knows that it is worth it. For every defeat, he has two victories in his favour.

All believers know this.
From the The Manual of the Warrior of Light by Paulo Coehlo.

Stencil - Lower East / New York City (Wed 17 Aug 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment