Saturday, September 17, 2011

Contact Sheets (picasa) - New York City - Lower East (Wed 17 Aug 2011)

Picasa Contact Sheets (1 of 6) - East Village / Brooklyn (Wed 17 Aug 2011)

Picasa Contact Sheets (2 of 6) - East Village / Brooklyn (Wed 17 Aug 2011)

Picasa Contact Sheets (3 of 5) - East Village / Brooklyn (Wed 17 Aug 2011)

Picasa Contact Sheets (4 of 6) - East Village / Brooklyn (Wed 17 Aug 2011)

Picasa Contact Sheets (5 of 6) - East Village / Brooklyn (Wed 17 Aug 2011)

Picasa Contact Sheets (6 of 6) - East Village / Brooklyn (Wed 17 Aug 2011)

187 Photos - all in an afternoons wanderings.

Contact Sheets of the photos I took on the afternoon of Wed 17 Aug 2011.

Later that evening after walking across the Brooklyn Bridge (*) for the second time, I remember sitting on a train on the subway on my way from the Bridge to 80th Street on the west side of Central Park. I just sat quietly on my seat and decided to review my photos on the back of the camera in slideshow mode. I was tired from a long day wandering around and I went into a daze and a kind of trance as the subway stations passed by and the photos scrolled by on the rear screen on the back of my little Canon S95.

At one of the subway stops well up the line, the young lady sitting next to me, as she got up to exit the train, touched me on the forearm and said they are really nice photos. I was touched (*) by the compliment and said thanks. Such a small gesture from a stranger so far away from home - put a smile on my face and inflated my confidence (*). Probably one of the nicest moments on the whole trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment