Sunday, June 3, 2012

Smile #5 - Circle Line Ferry / Hudson River / New York (Sat 13 Aug 2011)

Smile #5 - Circle Line Ferry / Hudson River / New York (Sat 13 Aug 2011)



Details #1, #2 (Hands) & #3 - Circle Line Ferry / Hudson River / New York (Sat 13 Aug 2011)

I can clearly remember this day and standing at the front of the Ferry as we travelled south along the Hudson River back towards where we had started our journey almost three hours earlier.

A beautiful summers day, in an amazing City - we had travelled from all parts of the planet to share this experience. Three hours together and then we would part, never to meet again. But I have a feeling the photos we have, unite us all and our feelings and emotions of a shared experience.

I remember these moments so clearly, though I had not really looked closely at these photos (*) since I have been back.

This one is my favourite and it has a lot going on (*), as the tiny details above show. It seems to be have a tenderness and a sense of awe about it - strengthened if looked at as a series of photos (*) which bonds everyone together. I would dearly love to give prints to the people in the photos (I was able to do this once in Shanghai, a story for another day).

I am now reminded of this post (*) and it is in moments like this that I am glad to have had this blog to scratch out my thoughts in words (even if they don't really make too much sense at times) and mostly now through my photos (maybe I am just happy, like the Girl above, just hoping for someone to look at my photos - even if it is just me).

It also makes me realise how lucky I have been to be able to do the things I have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment